Wednesday 9 January 2008

cotton as opposed to paper tissues.


I hope I have squashed this picture enough for Sharon to deal with, I have been having lessons in using "paint" from my daughter on the other side of England (I live on the bottom side of Wales).
The Sylvia hankie is one that the girls clubbed together for one Mothering Sunday, many years ago and is just simple rings and chains in Size 70 Star cotton.
the next one is Mary Koniers "Honesty" worked in variagated mauves Altin Basik, one of my favorite threads.
The next I can't remember what the pattern is, it is in size 100 Coats cotton, if anyone recognises them please let me know, it took a long time but is lovely and I would like another.
The bottom one is again Altin Basik, same mauves, Just split rings with a trefoil corner, it was just to show my class that you didn't have to be clever to edge a hankie!
There has been a thread on Here Be Tatters about using cotton hankies to save all the landfill problem and to stop us being such a throw away society. Not only that but I have just added 3 tatter-learners to my classes just by having a tatted hankie peeping out of my sleeve!!

2 comments:

Tatskool said...

A tatted hankie is so lovely to have peeping out of a jacket top pocket, always a talking point.

My mum tatted nothing but hankie edgings and used the hankies every day.

They all went onto the machine every week and came out perfect, now heirlooms.

Tatskool said...

Lovely to see yours, they are all so different and so beautiful, thanks for sharing.